Learn how to make Strawberry Limeade Fizz ~ Sweet strawberry and lime fizzy drink flavoured with cardamom
Its long weekend for us with the end of summer holiday marking official end to all summer fun and the fall will be upon us soon. This year the weather goddess has been quite generous with beautiful sunny days, clear blue skies and high temperature making us a happy bunch of people. So just the thought of actually all the fun and frolic coming to an end is making me a wee bit sad!
Strawberry Limeade Fizz ~ Refreshing Summer Drink
Having said that I am eagerly looking forward to another favourite season of mine, the colourful autumn! I know, I am bit weird as I love every season for different reasons. But before welcoming the season of gold, coppers, reds and oranges, I want to share this wonderful summer drink made using one of my favourite summer bounty, strawberries. Today I have this refreshing drink of Strawberry Limeade Fizz for you all.
Strawberry Limeade Fizz ~ Delicious Sip
Back in India, limeade is one of the most popular and common summer drink made using fresh lime juice and sugar with a pinch saffron or cardamom powder adding heady aroma and flavour. I have used the same recipe but added strawberries and it turned out to be a recipe good enough to blog and save it for posterity! It may be the company we had or the fact that the home grown organic strawberries used in the recipe, but this Strawberry Limeade Fizz was a delight to our taste buds.
Strawberry Limeade Fizz ~ Summer delight
Just a handful of ingredients are used in this recipe of Strawberry Limeade Fizz but it tastes sensational. If you are not too fond of fizzy drinks, just replace the soda/sparkling water with plain water. You can also add a generous pinch of cardamom for flavour as I did in the following recipes or simply skip it as per your choice. Try this Strawberry Limeade Fizz before bidding goodbye to this summer and enjoy the refreshing sip with your loved ones.
Home grown organic strawberries
Strawberry Limeade Fizzy Drink
Strawberry Limeade Fizz (Sweet strawberry and lime fizzy drink flavoured with cardamom)
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cooking Time: Nil
Recipe Level: Easy Beginner
Spice Level: N/A
Serves: 5-6 People
Shelf Life: Best served fresh but the concentrate can be stored up to 2 days in fridge or up to a month in freezer (Read notes)
Serving Suggestion: As refreshing summer drink
15-18 Strawberries, hulled and quartered
Juice from 1 large Lime (Adjust as per taste)
½ - ¾ cup Brown Sugar or White Sugar (Adjust as per taste)
Generous pinch of Cardamom Powder (Optional)
Soda/Sparkling Water or Plain Water
Strawberry Limeade Fizz
- Place the hulled strawberries in a food processor along with sugar and give it a whir for a minute or until the strawberries are pureed. You can pass the strawberry puree through sieve to discard the seeds. I simply skipped it as we don’t mind the seeds.
- Next add fresh lime juice and mix them well. Adjust the amount of lime juice and sugar as per your taste.
- To serve, divide the strawberry and lime mixture into 4-6 serving glasses and pop some ice cubes into them. Fill the glass with chilled soda/sparkling water or plain water, cardamom powder and top it up with few slices of strawberries.
- Enjoy this refreshing Strawberry Limeade Fizz on a hot summer day :)
Strawberry Limeade Fizz ~ Sweet strawberry and lime fizzy drink flavoured with cardamom
- You can either use soda/sparkling water or just the plain water in this recipe.
- Adjust the amount of sugar and lime juice needed as per your taste.
- Addition of cardamom powder is optional. You can replace it with saffron for different flavour.
- You can refrigerate this strawberry and lime concentrate for up to 2 days or freeze it for up to a month. To freeze them, simply pour the strawberry and lime mix in an ice cube tray and pop them in a freezer to freeze. Once frozen, remove the cubes from ice tray and place them in a zip lock bag and freeze them. Use these cubes as and when needed to make quick Strawberry Limeade Fizz.